Renowned for the creation of sophisticated fabricated signage and manufacture of the ground-breaking and award winning lighting product, LED Light Sheet, Applelec is a rapidly growing business. Since launching the company over 15 years ago, we've built an outstanding team of passionate, dynamic and skilled individuals and we're regularly on the lookout for our latest rookie.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join our highly skilled letter making department. The role is diverse and previous experience in fabricating stainless steel and aluminium built-up letters is essential.
The role is Monday-Friday, 38 hour week where overtime is provided if required. Competitive salary is offered depending on experience.
This role is a resource for the entire company and requires a mix of electrical and project management skills. The ideal candidate will have an excellent level of technical competency whilst being cooperative and interpersonal. Full or part time applicants will be considered.
- To undertake the design of lighting control systems using a variety of protocols
e.g. DMX, Dali and 0-10V dimming
- To undertake the electrical design of lighting and power distribution systems
including producing all paperwork, layouts and schematics as required for
- Support/Attend design and site meetings and undertake site assessments of
- Support the production of accurate, efficient, creative and coordinated
- Experience using cable sizing and calculation software
- To remain up to date with electrical codes of practice, legislation,
compliance and wiring
- Ability to test and diagnose power quality issues
- Co-ordinate with Production and R&D as required
- Work alongside the Sales Support team to provide design/engineering input on
- Work on site with projects coordinators, engineers and PMs to ensure full QA of
complex commissioning works
- Provide technical support and training to lighting clients, prospects and
sales support teams